- Ways to get a jumpstart on your child’s learning, the importance of parent involvement in early care and education, creating a nurturing community for kids at home and school
- All things grades K-5 focused: a look at various learning environments, innovative programs and the goings-on of young learners at local schools
- Middle and High school: Tips and insight for parents and students into a wide range of issues and concerns to consider both inside and outside the classroom
- Choosing your path: life after high school, access and affordability, making the grade
- Degree advancement, professional development, Workforce and new job skills training, work + school balance
- Building study skills to stay on track, techniques and strategies to boost academic learning, improving test taking confidence and performance
Survive + Thrive
- Navigating the school social scene and the roller coaster of puberty, peer pressure, and social insecurity.
- Outlook on issues or legislation affecting local and national education, need for adequate funding in schools, standardized testing
Students buzzing about bees
Beekeeper visits school
A few dead honey bees still cling to an old honeycomb giving 2nd-graders at Singing Hills Elementary not only a thrill, but a look at live inside the hive. Local beekeeper Joan Madajski brought the hive, as well as few of her beekeeping stories, to the school for a special Earth Day presentation.
Beekeeper visits school
Curious second-graders at Singing Hills Elementary got a chance to closely examine a honeycomb brought by local apiarist Joan Madajski. Here, Tyler Heap puts the paper-like structure to the sniff test as Miranda Heater, left, Kylie Gardner and Damen Hendrickson look on. Photo by Deborah Grigsby
Colorado Education, a part of the ourColoradonews.com family, was developed as a digital gathering place for all at the forefront of the local learning environment to share their insights into the concerns and successes continually changing the landscape of Colorado education.
Articles designated with this are written by staff reporters with Colorado Community Media. Disclaimer: the opinions presented in all other columns are the authors’ own and should not be considered the official opinion of CCM.
More School News Articles
DENVER – Today, Dr. Nancy McCallin, president of the Colorado Community College System released a study detailing the economic impact the Colo…
Being smart about money isn’t always easy. Staying smart about money can be even harder, especially for teenagers headed to college.
Today's Colorado Headlines